Macintosh Setup OS 7.x - 9.x - Remote Access Configuration
STEP 1 - TCP/IP Configuration
1. From the Apple menu, click Control Panels, and choose TCP/IP.
Click the arrow box on the Connect via drop-down list and choose PPP or FreePPP (depending on your dialer).
2. Click the arrow box on the Configure drop-down list and choose Using PPP Server.
3. In the Name Server addr field, type 126.96.36.199
4. Press the Return key on your keyboard to go the next line in the same box
5. In the Name Server Addr field, type 188.8.131.52
6. From the File menu, choose Quit
7. Click the Save button.
STEP 2 - Remote Access Configuration
8.Go to the Apple menu, select Control Panel, then select Remote Access
9. Select Registered User
10. Type in your username (be sure to include @aceweb.com)
11. Type in your password
12. Check the box that says Save password
13. In the Number field, type in the access number you’d like to use (We recommend that you check with your local operator to make sure that the local access number is not a toll charge.) To check for a local number Click Here
15. Click the Options button
16. Click the Redialing tab
17. Position the mouse arrow in the Redial field and choose
“ Redial main number only”
18. Click the Connection tab (All options on this page are optional).
19. Click the Protocol tab
20. In the Use Protocol: field choose PPP from the pop-down window.
21. Check "Allow error correction and compression in modem"
22. Check "Use TCP header compression"
23. Click OK
24. Click the Connect button in the lower right corner of the Remote Access control panel window. Once connected, the Connect button will change to Disconnect.
Return to Dial-up Support Center